Birthday Party Food Ideas
Preparing party food can seem like a mammoth task, however it can be made simple with the following ideas. Make platters more interesting for children with eye-catching colors, creative layouts and funny faces. Healthy, cheap and tasty party food for kids and adults is easy with the right recipes.
Party Food for Kids – Finger Foods
Kids are likely to enjoy choosing various snacks and be sure to check if anyone has any allergies prior to arranging the food. Try making sandwiches more appealing by cutting them into unusual shapes with food cutters. Other good snacks include:
- Pizza fingers – Slice a pizza into bite-size sections so that children can eat them without creating mess. Choose simple toppings such as cheese and tomato.
- Crudités and dips – A platter with dips in the middle and carrot sticks, mange tout, baby sweet corn, sliced peppers and breadsticks with hummous, salsa and guacamole is a healthy and tasty snack.
- Potato chips – These are the ideal accompaniment to sandwiches. Try having a couple of different flavors to choose from.
- Pretzels and savory biscuits – These are easy ready-made snacks that save time as no preparation is required.
- Cupcakes – Most kids love cupcakes and they can even be a party activity if kids can decorate their own cupcakes.
Birthday Party Food Platters
A platter is a good way to present party food and makes it easier for guests filling up their own plates. Make the food look appealing by using a decorative platter. Use lemon or lime slices to garnish the food along with a sprinkle of fresh parsley or basil.
Good food choices include wraps, mini rolls and bagels with a variety of fillings. Antipasti is an elegant party food option and sun dried tomatoes, roasted peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, olives, capers, pickles and peppers can be served. Two platters could be made with one sweet and the other savory to accommodate all tastes.
A sweet platter can feature cookies, doughnuts, apple turnovers or chocolate éclairs. A fruit platter is a healthy choice along with a crème fraîche dip. Try pineapple, kiwi fruit, cantaloupe, grapes, raspberries and strawberries.
Birthday Party Menus
Party menus should depend on the number of people attending – for small gatherings a good platter of party appetizers along with some birthday cake is usually sufficient.
If you opt for a decadent birthday party then try setting up a chocolate fountain along with strawberries and other foods to dip in and eat. This is perhaps a better choice for adults than children.
The best birthday party food ideas are simple. Try making party food platters for kids or adults as healthy finger foods such as fruit and vegetables can also be served.